ImagiNation Afrika hiring a Communications Assistant.
Role: Communications Assistant
Place of Work: Dakar, Senegal
Purpose of the Role: The communications assistant supports the implementation of ImagiNation Afrika’s communication strategy and maximises the impact of Imagination Afrika’s public engagement. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the daily management of all social media platforms, including drafting timely and engaging content, responding to communication requests and ensuring maximum reach.
Working Hours: Monday – Friday: 9.00 – 17.30
Contract Start Date: ASAP
Digital marketing and Public Relations
- Develop engaging and inclusive content and maintain ImagiNation Afrika and Ker ImagiNation’s daily online presence on strategic social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Assist with the development and dissemination of quarterly newsletters and email bulletins
- Identify and develop appropriate communications tools to maximise outreach to traditional media outlets: press releases, op-eds, interview placements
- Participate in the development of new content including blog posts, video and photos from Imagination Afrika’s activities, team and networks. Identify opportunities for case studies, briefing papers and infographics
- Support senior management and staff on all communications outreach: talking points for speaking engagements, media training etc.
- Provide relevant content for the development of digital and print marketing collateral.
- Internal Communications and Information Management systems
- Ensure coherence and consistency across all communication materials
- Support internal workshops on communication for the ImagiNation Afrika Team
- Oversee and grow Imagination Afrika’s supporter, campaign and media databases/ mailing lists
- Ensure excellent brand management and consistency across all communications materials and channels. In addition, support graphic design of all external documentation.
- Support organisation to ensure it is in line with general data protection regulation.
- Analyse current customers and conduct outreach to reach higher levels of customer utilisation
- Support development of parent engagement program
- Ensure that all Ker Imagination events are appropriately covered in the media; developing content, contacting media partners, ensuring media coverage
- Proven experience as a Communications Assistant, or similar role
- Understanding of media relations and digital media strategies
- Proficient in MS Office; Mailchimp; familiarity with design software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign, Canva) and content management systems is a plus
- Solid editing and researching skills in French, English is a major plus
- Excellent communication abilities in French (oral and written) and fantastic interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
To apply, please send cover letter and CV to [email protected]
Application deadline: 31 October 2019.
Très important : Méfiez vous des arnaques ! Vous ne devez payer, en aucun cas, des sommes d’argent aux recruteurs utilisant la plateforme EmploiDakar.com
Décrochez plus d’entretiens de recrutement avec le service de rédaction de CV professionnel et lettre de motivation de notre partenaire TopCV. Commandez votre CV professionnel.