Offre d’emploi au poste de Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) par BLUMONT, à découvrir ci-après, cette annonce de BLUMONT.
|Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)|
|Référence :The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will oversee all technical aspects of the program in Senegal and provide direction and overall leadership. Additionally, the DCOP will ensure successful program implementation of the project, and as requested, participate in efforts to develop new programs. The incumbent will work directly with the Chief of Party and under his/her supervision. The strong candidate will be both technically and managerially competent and preferably a local resident in Senegal.|
|Mission :Essential Job Functions:|
– Manages and leads staff, consultants and contractors to ensure efficient and timely implementation of all technical programming aspects of the project;
– Assists in preparation of annual work plan and budget that identify key objectives, responsible staff, deliverables and potential roadblocks; Identifies new projects and makes recommendations as needed;
– Ensures technical implementation of targeted strategies to respond to priorities as identified by key stakeholders.
– Facilitates collaborative partnerships, including with ministries, donors, private sector entities and relevant stakeholders.
– Ensures that all policies and practices instituted are compliant with USAID?(TM)s performance monitoring, policy and compliance programming requirements set forth in the USAID Automated Directives System (ADS) and other rules and regulations.
– Provides capacity-building for prime and sub-partner staff to improve performance management.
– Provides policy and technical guidance and training to Office staff members.
– Conducts the project needs assessment for project implementation according to the contract.
– Ensures the timeliness, cost effectiveness and quality of all activities performed under the project.
– Prepares quarterly and/or semiannual reports according to the contract requirements, as well as any additional reports demanded by the donor and/or Blumont.
– Develops new proposals for additional funding in existing programs and for new projects in country.
– Oversee the project activities involving target value chains.
– Advise upon and promote ways to improve buyer-seller intermediation for all targeted value chains.
– Oversee project activities on increasing access to and use of market information.
– Oversee project activities on increasing access to and use of financial services within the region.
– Collaborate with bilateral and multilateral projects to strengthen value chains.
– Develop and maintain relationships with program staff and senior management, public and private sector partners, and value chain actors.
– Manage team of staff.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
|Qualification / Formation :Required Skills & Experience:|
– A postgraduate degree from an accredited university in agriculture, agricultural economics, economics, natural resources management, or a relevant field is required.
– At least 8-10 years of experience working on a mix of food security, trade, livelihoods, agricultural value chain development/competitiveness and private sector development projects.
– At least 8-10 years?(TM) experience relevant to proposed position on similar international, donor funded programs; US Government experience (USAID, USDA, etc.) highly desirable.
– At least 8-10 years of progressively responsible experience managing staff.
– Experience directly collaborating with host country government representatives.
– Fluent oral and strong analytical, written English and French skills.
– Demonstrated interpersonal skills including diplomacy, tact, and the ability to negotiate and influence.
– Strong computer skills, including ease and skill in using word Excel spreadsheets, email, the Internet, Windows applications.
– Demonstrated working knowledge of project development, grant administration and management procedures as well as a mastery of the principles, methods, practices, and operational procedures of a variety of successful private business enterprises, NGOs or development programs.
– Demonstrated working knowledge of agricultural value chain issues in Senegal and the region. Preferred Skills & Experience:
– PhD degree.
– Prior experience in USAID funded projects.
– Prior experience in a similar position in Senegal on USAID-funded projects.
– Experience jointly coordinating and collaborating with country stakeholders.
– Experience training staff. Success Factors:
– Demonstrated experience implementing agricultural programs in Senegal.
– Must be innovative and resourceful in creating an awareness of new initiatives which respond to the needs and practices of project beneficiaries.
– Demonstrated ability to communicate, take direction, assume leadership, and make rational decisions while working remotely from country leadership.
– Ability to train and facilitate dialogue among a diverse group of individuals with various skill sets and work styles.
– High motivation, initiative, and adaptability.
– An ability to work successfully in remote and challenging settings with limited resources. Travel Requirements:
– This position will be based in Senegal but it is expected that the candidate will be required to travel to remote areas of Senegal for up to 40% of the time. Physical Requirements:
– Normal Office Conditions.
|Description de l’offre :This position is pending award of a 5-year contract through USAID.|
|Date d’expiration : 08-03-2018|
Dossier de candidature :
|Envoyer vos candidatures par mail àl’adresse: [email protected]|