BBC is hiring a Business Reporter.
The BBC is an international multimedia broadcaster on radio, TV, online and social networks with a weekly global audience of 320 million. As part of a historic and exciting expansion of BBC Africa, the BBC World Service is launching new Business daily and weekly TV programme and innovative digital content alongside existing African business output.
We are looking for a Business Reporter to join our team in Dakar or Abidjan on a continuing basis.
Role Responsibility of the Business Reporter at BBC
With excellent English and French language skills, you will have experience of business reporting, delivering creative output for digital, TV and radio platforms. Working closely with the London, Nairobi, Lagos and Johannesburg bureaux, you will prepare edited material either working in a self-op environment or with a craft editor to produce inserts and packages for the various outlets such as Business TV features, News bulletins, Online or social. You will source and brief contributors for live and edited stories and interview them for broadcast and alert editors to breaking news, being ready to file accurate reports on the spot.
Are you the right candidate?
The successful candidate will have:
- An excellent command of English and French language (both written and spoken), with a strong journalistic and business reporting background.
- A network in the business sector is essential.
- Strong digital understanding and awareness of the latest broadcast technology and the ability to learn new skills is important.
- You will have a strong broadcasting voice and a track record of accuracy and impartiality.
- Knowledge of cameras to film professionally would be a distinct advantage.
- Contract: continuing (local terms and conditions apply)
- Location: Dakar, Senegal or Abidjan, Ivory Coast
- Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in Senegal or Ivory Coast
Closing date : 11 December 2018.
BBC is hiring a Business Reporter