IFPRI is seeking a Communications Associate/Receptionist.
The West and Central Africa Office of the International Food Policy Research Institute seeks a Receptionist/Communications Associate who will provide direct support in the daily operations of the reception desk assist in implementing IFPRI-Dakar communications strategy.
This position is based at IFPRI’s regional office in Dakar, Senegal. Interested applicants must have work authorization to work in Senegal.
Your essential duties at IFPRI
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greet visitors and direct them to the appropriate party
- Operate the phone system and office skype account, transfer calls to the appropriate individuals
- Manage lobby screens and monitor the office general mailbox
- Receive, save, sort and distribute incoming correspondence as needed; Receives and re-directs incoming organizational faxes.
- Produce a weekly news roundup of topics related to IFPRI’s work for the intranet, draft the weekly internal newsletter
- Maintain internal office distribution /phone/address lists/databases
- Manage the local intranet and maintain the electronic office calendar to coordinate work flow
- Assist with the promotion/updating of web content through social media channels such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Slideshare, e-newsletters, and WCA blogs posted to other sites
- Scan documents for .pdf storage and accessibility
- Assist in the organization of seminars, workshops and other meetings as needed
- Provide communications-related support, including but not limited to: typing documents, updating databases, emailing partners, faxing documents, etc.
- Assist staff with the use of IFPRI’s various intranet tools.
- Provide feedback to management on the functioning of the reception area and propose innovations.
- Any other duties as assigned or required
- Bachelors’ degree or four years of relevant experience.
- Excellent business French language skills and clear and effective speaking skills.
- Proficiency in English
- Ability to interact comfortably with visitors of varied cultures and languages.
- Excellent judgment in handling visitors and calls – identifying customer’s needs and determining best solution in an effective and efficient manner.
- Demonstrated experience in task planning and organization and multi-tasking; experience in researching information.
- Demonstrated good time management skills; ability to work under pressure.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Proven knowledge of current web/intranet technologies, and online communication trends and best practices.
- Demonstrated outgoing, proactive style with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Service-oriented personality.
Très important : Méfiez vous des arnaques ! Vous ne devez payer, en aucun cas, des sommes d’argent aux recruteurs utilisant la plateforme EmploiDakar.com
Décrochez plus d’entretiens de recrutement avec le service de rédaction de CV professionnel et lettre de motivation de notre partenaire TopCV. Commandez votre CV professionnel.