IFPRI is hiring a Web/Database Developer.
- Appointment Duration: 1 Year
- Position : Renewable
- Location : Dakar, Sénégal
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), one of the world’s leading research institutions on international development, seeks a qualified web/database developer to serve for a one-year, fixed-term, renewable appointment as a web/database developer for its support to AUC/NPCA to prepare the 2020 Biennial Review (BR) report. The position reports to the Senior GIS Coordinator and is based in Dakar, Senegal. Interested applicants must have employment authorization to work in Senegal.
The web/database developer is expected to aid with the development and implementation of the BR web application that improves the capacity of AUC/NPCA, Member States, RECs, and its network partners in their efforts to collect high quality data and information to improve the quality of policy and strategic planning and implementation, in order to accelerate growth and progress toward poverty reduction and food and nutrition security, places the mutual accountability and Biennial Review (BR), at the heart of CAADP Agenda.
The candidate with work closely with the ReSAKSS technical team to:
- Design and develop eBR database
- Design an online and highly interactive and dynamic system with standard pre-processing and essential data analysis tools could address multiple issues specific to BR components
- Develop an intuitive and rich web application to support interacting with the BR database and indicators, Develop a set of analytical tools for data processing, simulation, and reporting
- Prepare training materials that provide understanding of the eBR components and processing steps necessary to facilitate capacity building,
- Provide technical supports to AUC -BR technical team.
- Master’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience developing web applications, both client and server side
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Angular 2.0
- Good experience and knowledge of the database administration and design (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.);
- Work independently in a fast-paced environment and able to balance multiple priorities.
- Familiar with web and database technologies such as SQL Server, Tomcat, Apache, IIS, and GIS, and remote sensing.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities; work independently as well as with teams.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with all levels of personnel
- Have high degree of self-motivation and must be exceptionally resourceful, detail-oriented, and have organization skills.
- Proven experience in software upgrades / installations and testing procedures;
- Excellent skills in writing and oral communication;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French.
Décrochez plus d’entretiens de recrutement avec le service de rédaction de CV professionnel et lettre de motivation de notre partenaire TopCV. Commandez votre CV professionnel.
Très important : Méfiez vous des arnaques ! Vous ne devez payer, en aucun cas, des sommes d’argent aux recruteurs utilisant la plateforme EmploiDakar.com