World Vision International is hiring a Regional Programme Funding Manager, VisionFund.
The VisionFund International (VFI) Regional Programme Funding Manager will develop and manage funding opportunities in West Africa primarily, through grants, major donors and through National office programmes that support VFI’s network of microfinance institutions (MFIs) in keeping with VFI global strategy and funding priorities. This position will manage third party regional grant and major donor acquisition and compliance. Reporting to the Senior Programme Funding Manager for Africa, the role will focus on largely on West Africa and will be fluent in French and English but will also support elsewhere as required in Africa. This includes contributing to and managing grant and donor funding
opportunity pipeline, providing technical support, capacity building, project monitoring, and donor impact reporting. This role will ensure successful performance in identifying funding opportunities and building relationships with funders and World Vision Support and National offices, writing proposals, acquiring funding, monitoring donor funded projects and maintaining close relationships with MFI project staff, and managing projects for VFI’s ministry.
Major responsibilities at World Vision International
- Manage all components of RFP response process — review RFPs, profile opportunities, and ensure alignment with MFI funding priorities; vet with senior leadership and obtain approval.
- Research and assess funding organizations.
- Develop opportunity pipeline aligned with VFI strategic funding priorities.
- Set up and support proposal development teams; create project workplan and ensure proposals and supporting documents are prepared to technical specifications and submitted on time.
- Provide technical support and capacity building to field staff, Support Office staff and other members of the Fundraising team on proposal development, monitoring, reporting, and project management.
- Support Senior Programme Funding Manager for Africa in identifying and achieving annual funding targets.
- Within strategy, develop and manage key regional funder relationships with new and existing funders and World Vision Offices to achieve long-lasting global fundraising support.
Project Monitoring, and Management:
- Monitor project compliance and implementation to ensure projects are delivered to specifications.
- Support MFIs and ensure project impact reports are of high quality and submitted on time.
- Build capacity of MFIs for managing projects.
- Ensure contracts are reviewed and risks managed and funds flow effectively to MFIs.
Relationship Development and Networking:
- Network with major regional third party funders to establish collaborative relationships, learn of opportunities, and enhance VFI’s ability to gain donor funding and enhance VFI’s reputation in the marketplace.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key World Vision support and national office funding staff ensuring that the microfinance project model is understood and fundraising opportunities are maximised.
- Attend sector seminars, training, communities of practice and forums where industry staff and/or funders meet with the objective of leveraging funding and partnerships for the VFI network.
- Maintain knowledge of microfinance industry and trends including focus of targeted donors.
Systems, Processes, and Capacity Development:
- Ensure outcomes of projects are high-quality and high-impact through ongoing monitoring and the execution of mid-term and final evaluations, operations research, etc.
- Review field reports and findings/recommendations to determine and replicate best practices and apply lessons learned.
- Support Programme Funding team in developing fundraising processes, tools, and templates.
- Contribute to proposal content libraries.
- Contribute to streamlining Funding processes and documenting protocols and policies.
The Regional Programme Funding Manager profile
- University degree in international development, economics, or related field.
- 5-8 years experience in grant making field, fundraising or corporate management setting dealing with senior management.
- This role requires 5-8 years in Grants, major donor fundraising, or corporate management setting dealing with senior management. Preferably experience in humanitarian, international development, microfinance or financial institutions.
- Able to work in complex corporate culture and financial systems and ensure procedures internally and with third parties are well documented, monitored and executed. Creative and helpful at problem solving for both VFI and MFI’s. Able to work well with granting agencies, Support Offices, MFIs, and other VFI groups.
- Excellent research skills and experience in developing funding opportunities.
- Strong proposal-writing skills, persuasive writing, and complex document creation.
- MS Office competency.
- Fluent (oral and written) in French and English.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent management, communication, and relationship-building skills; must lead through influence and establish effective working relationships within MFIs in the region, with external partners, agencies and leaders in the microenterprise development field.
- International experience is an important asset, particularly in emerging/developing countries.
- Demonstrated good judgment and diplomacy, particularly in different cultures.
- Creates processes with greater efficiency in mind, eliminating bureaucracy wherever possible.
- Able to travel to remote areas where MFI’s work.
- Effective coach, able to train people in VisionFund policies and procedures formally and informally.
- Must be able to simultaneously manage multiple priorities and projects; ability to navigate complex stakeholder relationships effectively.
- Must be cross-culturally sensitive as will work with associates from every area of the world.
- Flexibility on hours to contact people within wide time zone differences is required.
- Experience within the World Vision Partnership.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
Très important : Méfiez vous des arnaques ! Vous ne devez payer, en aucun cas, des sommes d’argent aux recruteurs utilisant la plateforme EmploiDakar.com