Jobs in Senegal – ONE is hiring an Office Assistant.
ONE is a global campaigning and advocacy organisation with over nine million members from around the world who are committed to the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa. We hold world leaders to account for the promises made to the poorest, and we press them to support better policies and aid that is more effective. We also work with leaders in Africa to support greater democracy, accountability and transparency and advocate for increased domestic investments in development so that these resources can be effectively deployed. With HQ in Washington, DC, we operate from North America, Europe and Africa.
ONE’s members are critical to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organising, mobilising, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
The Office Assistant will coordinate, provide all secretarial and logistical assistance, and assist with maintaining efficient office operations — copying/filing of documents, managing reports and resources, scheduling and coordinating meeting/events and logistics, and administratively supporting programs. The Office Assistant ensures that administrative systems are conducted according to ONE policies and procedures.
He will be responsible for maintaining the Francophone West-Africa Country Director calendar and for the coordination of all activities managed by the Country Director including meeting management, coordinating travel arrangements, meetings, catering, and communications. This full-time position is based in Dakar, Senegal and will report directly to the Francophone West-Africa Director with a dotted line reporting to the Africa Operations Director.
Some Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Francophone West-Africa Country Director to arrange meetings, workshops and conference schedules, travel agendas, and other activities as required in the Directors’ Office.
- Perform secretarial and clerical duties, including pre-meeting planning tasks are carried out and completed efficiently, organize and reprioritize tasks, maintain records, and coordinate functions with various individuals and organizations.
- Handle record-keeping, word processing, preparation of correspondence, manuscripts, telecommunications, regular project mailings and other administrative support duties; and carry out other duties as assigned by the Country Director.
- Event and meeting coordination.
- Take notes or dictation at meetings, and to ensure follow up actions are done.
- Meeting follow up: Keep track of progress on execution of meeting resolutions and ensure senior Africa Leadership Team members are kept informed on progress made on actions allocated
- Support the Francophone West-Africa staff in coordinating appointments, preparing/disseminating materials, formatting letters, technical documents, reports and presentations as requested by the Country Director
- Provide travel and logistical support to ONE in Francophone West-Africa staff, participants or consultants by ensuring the following:
- All travel authorizations are authorized and are appropriately coded and signed
- Responsible for arranging air and ground transport (shuttle and car rentals) for all Francophone West-Africa staff
- Responsible for accommodation arrangements for travelling staff and participants through hotels and ensure that they are within ONE rates
- Send all information to traveler, as stipulated in the Travel Standard Operating Procedure, including: airline ticket; hotel accommodation; airport transport/shuttle services or car rental
Obtain invoices and receipts from Service Providers for all transactions i.e. airlines, hotels, etc.
- Provide logistical support to ONE events
- Reconcile the travel agent monthly statement and submit for approval to the Africa Office Manager in a timely manner
- Lead in the management of specific areas of office administration including office supplies, IT systems, vendor relationships, finance and health and safety in coordination with the Africa Operations Director
- Work as part of the Africa Operations team, attending weekly Operations Meetings
- Gather and circulate project communications materials as needed
- Travel when required
- Any other duties appropriate to the role as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two years working experience in a similar or related field
- Experience in administration, office management and project coordination
- Familiarity with basic financial processes
- Highly computer literate in all Microsoft office applications (e.g. Word, Outlook, Excel, Access) and experience with general office
- IT applications (hardware and software)
- Good time management and prioritization skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Good inter-personal skills and the ability to multi-task
- Some experience of managing external suppliers
- Good organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Some experience of developing and implementing office systems and processes
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on own initiative and make responsible decisions when necessary
- Flexible, resourceful and innovative
- Patience and a sense of humour
Languages skills : Fluency in English required.
Très important : Méfiez vous des arnaques ! Vous ne devez payer, en aucun cas, des sommes d’argent aux recruteurs utilisant la plateforme EmploiDakar.com
Décrochez plus d’entretiens de recrutement avec le service de rédaction de CV professionnel et lettre de motivation de notre partenaire TopCV. Commandez votre CV professionnel.