IFC is hiring a Senior HR Business Partner.
IFC—a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in the toughest areas of the world. In fiscal year 2018, we delivered more than $23 billion in long-term financing for developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
The IFC HR function addresses IFC specific business needs with dedicated teams including Client Services and HR Programs. The Client Services Team offers customized and strategic HR partnership, support and solution to IFC. The Program Team oversees the design and supports the implementation of improved HR processes, practices, programs, and tools. Both teams work closely together to support client departments/VPUs on their workforce strategies and people management matters through a delivery of HR products that meet the business needs of IFC. IFC also relies on support from World Bank Group HR centers of expertise and shared services.
The IFC HR Client Services Team is seeking to hire a Senior HR Business Partner (Senior HRBP) to support IFC’s business in West and Central Africa. The Senior HRBP will work closely with directors and managers on issues of organizational development and change management, based on a solid understanding of the business; participate in the development of new programs and policies; and coordinate activities with colleagues in HR Programs and the Centers of Expertise. On a day-to-day basis, s/he will be for his/her clients the focal point of all HR issues including recruitment, on-boarding, management and staff development, performance management, workforce planning, compensation and benefits, learning, career counseling, succession planning and separations. The Senior HRBP will be located in Dakar, Senegal and will report to the Manager, HR Client Services based in Washington, DC.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Advise staff and managers on HR policies and practices. Provide strategic advice to develop innovative HR approaches and solutions to complex problems using judgement and leveraging HR resources as appropriate.
- Contribute to policy development by actively working with the Policy Unit on the need to adjust policy and by contributing to policy reviews.
Planning and Analytics, and Work Force Management
Proactively use HR analytics to understand the staffing trends in the client area.
- Advise and assist managers in workforce planning, taking into account existing and anticipated work requirements and institutional goals/objectives, e.g. analyze and advise on appropriate staffing levels, skill mix, work force diversity that corresponds to work program requirements and advances corporate goals, including support to job definition and selection of candidates, staff reassignment, mobility issues, and exit strategies and processes.
- Understand the business model of the client and ability to assist the client managers in identifying the emerging HR implications for their work force.
Management of Performance and Development
- Advise managers and staff on effective career and performance management, and take the lead in identifying, assessing and resolving issues, problems, and conflicts, drawing on other World Bank Group resources as appropriate.
- Provide support on managing complex cases (e.g. performance, health and exit).
Organizational Effectiveness/Business Consulting
- Advise and support in the design and implementation of organizational effectiveness interventions, facilitation, development and management of high performing teams;
- Mobilize resources from the HR Team and other units within the World Bank Group HR Function, as required, to support effective HR management in the client area;
- Participate as a team member on HR projects, working groups, task forces, etc. in the client area and/or at corporate level;
- Contribute to the implementation of the corporate HR agenda.
- Master’s degree in HR or related field with at least eight years of significant experience in HR; prior experience working in international organizations or multi-national corporations preferred.
- Broad-based knowledge and extensive experience in all major facets of HR management, current and emerging trends and practices; and in-depth knowledge and experience in more than one functional area of specialization, e.g. recruitment, performance management, career development, management coaching, or HR consulting.
- Sound knowledge of general HR policies, processes and systems.
- Proven ability to identify and implement business related HR interventions, and ability to maximize the value-added resources available within HR in order to provide high quality client services.
- Proven track record in implementing organizational development, performance management and/or change management projects.
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency with analytical tools.
- Strong drive for results with an understanding of assessing the risks, benefits and possible adverse consequences of different options while solving problems.
- Professional integrity, willingness and flexibility to “roll-up your sleeves” to engage in all aspects of HR work from identification and design to implementation.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills as well as experience in building and sustaining strong client relationships at the senior level; demonstrated capability to build the reputation of a trusted advisor for senior management as well as for staff on all levels.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- International experience and understanding of multicultural issues.
Closing Date: 1/25/2019 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
The World Bank recruits a Senior HR Business Partner
Décrochez plus d’entretiens de recrutement avec le service de rédaction de CV professionnel et lettre de motivation de notre partenaire TopCV. Commandez votre CV professionnel.
Très important : Méfiez vous des arnaques ! Vous ne devez payer, en aucun cas, des sommes d’argent aux recruteurs utilisant la plateforme EmploiDakar.com