Islamic Development Bank is recruiting a Project Management Specialist.
Conduct bank’s technical-assistance operations due-diligence and design, conduct day-to-day technical-assistance operations management activities, and conduct day-to-day development-project operations management activities under the guidance of Operations Team Leader (OTL), Education within approved costs, timeliness and quality, to ensure efficient execution of the bank’s mandate to support economic development in the associated member and non-member countries. Responsible for day-to-day communication, monitoring, and implementation support to the project management units and executing agencies; supervision of project contract management and financial management; preparation of implementation reports to the bank management, and proactive mitigation of project implementation issues. In addition, provide support in: project preparation and appraisal, portfolio quality review, procurement review, and disbursement processes. Contribute to knowledge management agenda by identifying lessons learned from the projects.
Your key Accountabilities at the Islamic Development Bank
- Provide support to the Operations Team Leader, Education in the execution of project preparation and appraisal to ensure comprehensive due diligence of the technical, financial, procurement, institutional, economic, social, and environmental aspects of project proposals in line with the operations manual and applicable policies/procedures of the Bank.
- Lead technical-assistance operations design and preparation exercise, to ensure comprehensive due diligence of the technical, financial, procurement, institutional, economic, social, and environmental aspects in line with the operations manual and applicable policies/procedures of the Bank.
Project Implementation and Monitoring
- Coordinate with respective OTL, Education in all aspects across the project implementation.
- Lead periodical preparation of project implementation assessment and support report of each project under his/her portfolio, to ensure implementation issues and proposed action are documented as reference for smooth execution.
- Maintain adequate, up-to-date, and accurate project information and key records in the bank’s operations management system.
- Assess implementation arrangement of Bank’s approved operations, and provide recommendation on bank’s position to relevant authorities.
- Contribute to maintenance of project implementation plans to ensure ongoing monitoring of project progress, pro-active identification of issues, recommendation and implementation of action plans to resolve issues promptly.
- Review implementation quality and progress of Bank’s approved operations, and provide recommendations on actions to improve to relevant authorities.
- Provide input to the relevant Procurement and Financial Management staff in their respective duty ensuring procurement and financial management of projects are in line with the policies of the Bank
- Assess contract management and financial management activities of projects, and provide recommendation on Bank’s position to relevant authorities.
- Support the OTL, Education in closely monitoring the regular submission of the project’s implementation progress report, and the update of the action plan, procurement plan, and disbursement plan by the Project Management Unit.
- Project Closure and Review
- Provide input to Task Team Leader from the Global Practice in the development of project completion reports at the completion of each project, to ensure key issues and lessons learned are documented for reference in future projects.
- Compile input to Sectoral Teams in Global Practices, Knowledge Management and the Institutional Learning Unit to ensure lessons learned are recorded for reference in future projects.
- General Project Management
- Provide input to OTL, Education regarding the operational cycle of projects to ensure necessary operational policy and procedural improvements are implemented.
- Support OTL, Education in engaging external expertise according to the Bank’s procurement policy, to complement internal resources ensuring quality project due diligence, implementation, and lessons mining.
|Minimum number of years and nature of experience|
|Job specific competencies |
- Business Unit: Country Programs Complex
- Division: Not Applicable
- Department: Country relations and services Africa & Latin America
- Country: Senegal
- Location: : Regional Hub of Dakar, Senegal
- Travel Requirements : As needed.
Closing date: 23-May-2019
Décrochez plus d’entretiens de recrutement avec le service de rédaction de CV professionnel et lettre de motivation de notre partenaire TopCV. Commandez votre CV professionnel.
Très important : Méfiez vous des arnaques ! Vous ne devez payer, en aucun cas, des sommes d’argent aux recruteurs utilisant la plateforme EmploiDakar.com