UN Women is hiring a Finance Intern.
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Unit/ Project Background:
UN Women Finance Unit would like to give an opportunity to a Finance Intern or recent graduate to have a learning experience within its Finance team. The internship will initially be issued for a period of three months and subject to performance may be extended for a further three months. The purpose of the internships is to give students the opportunity to have a first-hand experience for them to build their capacity as part of their studies and to also contribute to the work of UN Women.
Your Duties and Responsibilities at UNDP
Under the supervision of the Finance Assistant, the intern shall perform, inter alia, the following tasks :
- Provide finance support
- Assistance in the review supporting documents for payments and financial reports
- Classify financial documents in box at finance office
- Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: http://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-employment-values-and-competencies-definitions-en.pdf
- Strong analytical aptitude
- Good organizational, time management and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexibly and meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail and proven ability to work independently and effectively
- The intern must have studies in _Finance or other similar subject at the university level.
- Be enrolled in a degree programme (Bachelor or Master); Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
- Excellent communication skills (written) in English are required;
- Fluency in English and French is also required
- No work experience is required (but work experience would be considered as an asset)
- UN experience or know-how beneficial
- Computer literate in standard software applications
Interns are not financially remunerated by UN Women.
- UN Women will only be able to respond to those applications in which there is further interest.
In July 2010, the United Nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system (DAW, OSAGI, INSTRAW and UNIFEM), which focused exclusively on gender equality and women’s empowerment
UN Women Internship Policy:
- Applicants to the United Nations internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- (a) Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- (b) Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- (c) Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) or (b) above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
- UN Women internship programme does not provide a salary or remuneration for the internship;
- All the expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern, sponsoring Government or institution;
- UN Women accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship;
- The intern is responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed;
- Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to positions in the professional and above category in UN WOMEN during the period of the internship or for six months immediately following the expiration date of internship;
- The intern must provide proof of enrollment in a health insurance plan, proof of school enrollment, a scanned copy of his/her passport, two letters of recommendation, and application
Très important : Méfiez vous des arnaques ! Vous ne devez payer, en aucun cas, des sommes d’argent aux recruteurs utilisant la plateforme EmploiDakar.com
Décrochez plus d’entretiens de recrutement avec le service de rédaction de CV professionnel et lettre de motivation de notre partenaire TopCV. Commandez votre CV professionnel.